UC Davis has many academic pursuits but it has long been known for agriculture and sciences related to it. Viticulture, vinology, and zymology are a few of the sciences related to libations that conference attendees can experience at UCCSC 2018.
The theme for UCCSC 2018 is "Sustainable Technology." We're taking our theme to heart with regard to the food and libations we serve at the conference and sourcing locally as much as possible.
- Wine served on Monday night at the Good Life Garden is made by Alumni from UC Davis
- Beer served on Tuesday is brewed in the local Davis/Sacramento area
- UC Davis raised beef purchased from the on campus animal science department
- Vegetables sourced from the student organic farm on campus
- Ice Cream from the Davis Creamery is made in-house
- Bread is baked at the Village Bakery in Davis, CA
- Some dairy products from Clover Stornetta in nearby Sonoma
- Rice served is from Rue and Forsman Ranch is in Olivehurst. (The company founders went to UC Davis in the 1940's!)